Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December already

Whenever I've been away from here in a while I always feel like I need to do a massive catch up post.   But I'm not going to do that, too overwhelming. It's been a busy month and I'd like to share a few things that happened lately.

I'm very excited to say that my work was published in Somerset Studio Gallery's winter issue! The issue came the other week and I'm very happy with how it all looks. They included five of my artworks and some write ups about my process. It's fun to see your worked mixed in with the work of many talented artists. I'm going to try to keep sending my work out into the world.


Last week I took a Saori weaving class.  Oh my goodness I think I'm in love. I've been wanting to learn to weave for years and this is the first class I've ever taken. I'm very drawn to the Saori philosophy that weaving should be accessible to everyone and it values creative expression, intuition, "mistakes", and irregularities. Totally up my alley. I took the class from a lovely woman named Karen who lives in a town nearby. I'm hoping to take more classes from her soon.





And also here are a few more wedding snapshots, we got the rest of our wedding photos a few weeks ago and I've been going through them often, it's fun to relive those moments.


I hope everyone is having a festive and enjoyable holiday season so far!  xo

Shared to Creative Every Day

No comments:

Post a Comment