Friday, October 24, 2014

Pick a path with heart

I'm trying to do this, to pick a path with heart. I know my path is one of art and making and exploring. But until the day comes when I can make a living off of making my art I also need to pick a path that will bring in some income! Some days I'm relaxed and confident that something good will turn up, other days I'm nervous and feel like I will never find a job that I like. It's hard looking for work, and I hope something good turns up soon. I guess this is one of those times that I need to work hard to find something but also trust that the universe will provide. Hard.

I've been working in the studio making some holiday ornaments and banners. We are having two holiday events at the coop in November so I need to have some holiday merchandise ready soon. I'm selling the ornaments for $5 each and banners are priced per panel ($5/panel). I'm toying around with selling the ornaments in sets- maybe a set of 5 for $20. We'll see. I sold the "peace" banner for $25 to an old friend yesterday! The banners are customizable- so you can pick the word and the color palette, and whether you want it to hang horizontally or vertically. I'm taking commissions! :)





I went for a nice walk this morning. I've missed the pond! I haven't been walking since the wedding, time to get back into it. I walked down to the edge of the water to get a picture of the stream and I looked to my left and the heron was RIGHT there. So beautiful and quiet.

 

I collected leaves, twigs, and berries to make a nature mandala. Something I've seen people doing on Instagram. Here is my version.
I'll leave you with some more wedding pictures. Our photographers, Matt and Marianka, did an amazing job and I can't wait to see more of what they captured.




I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Full of creativity, exploring, walking, beautiful leaves, and love.

Shared to Paint Party Friday  xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Love the wedding pics!

    The mandala is so beautiful. It's interesting to see that the trees you have are very similar to the ones we have in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iris. Similar trees, huh? That's cool, are yours changing colors beautifully too?

      Delete
  2. What a lovely bride, and of course the groom is so handsome. These photos are beautiful--so graceful. I love your creativity--what you do with letters, color to make accessories is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Beth, thank you for the kind compliments!I really appreciate it. I hope you are having a nice weekend. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lots of beauty and creativity here! I hope you find a fulfilling job soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those wedding photos are simply amazing... and I love the Christmas tags...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey. We were lucky to have such great photographers, they are our good friends too! Hope you are enjoying the weekend. xx

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous bride, the photos are stunning... so romantic and timeless! Looks like a great time! Love your banner and ornaments too.. you have a beautiful signature style!! All the best on the job hunt and sale of your items! Hope you find something that incorporates your art, that way you can still follow your bliss!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment Giggles. I appreciate all your kind words xo

      Delete
  6. Your holiday ornaments ans nature mandala is superb!!! Not to mention the wedding pictures and the Gorgeous bride :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Deepa, thank you! Thanks for stopping by and reading xoxo

      Delete