Friday, August 15, 2014

A look back

I spent most of this week out at the lake antique hunting and wedding planning. We found some great decorations at the antique show for our wedding (pictures to come in another post) and some dining room chairs! I also had a surge of wedding related energy and got a lot of little things done- groomsmen and bridesmen (my brothers are going to be my bridesmen) ties, bridesmaid gifts, emails with the caterer, more planning with the florist, and I ordered potential wedding shoes (fingers crossed!!). Finding shoes has been a bit difficult but I ordered three pairs from DSW the other day hoping one of them will work!! Good thing is is that DSW has free shipping and then I can just return whatever doesn't work at the local store, no money lost.

Anyway, I did have a bit of time to do some art making but haven't taken many pictures. I thought it would be fun to take a look back. To show you a couple of pictures of what I was making 3 years ago around this time, 2 years ago around this time, and what I was making last year around this time. And happy Paint Party Friday. I hope to make it around to visit more posts this week as compared to last week. Keep up all of the great art making and sharing Everyone!

2011- into watercolors and embroidery

2012- into acrylics and embroidery

2013- into collage

Hope you enjoyed this look back. It's fun to see how our process and interests evolve, isn't it? Happy Paint Party Friday everyone!

xo

6 comments:

  1. Nice designs. I love the one where you cut out the pieces and laid them out a lot. Sounds like you've been having fun at the lake too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, erika :) hope you are having a good weekend. xo

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful mix of colors and materials! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I think it will be fun for us all to look back at our progress through the years - the world of blogging has opened up a whole new experience of growth! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete