Friday, August 8, 2014

A busy but good week

We've been getting a lot done this week, which feels great. Tyler got his wedding suit fitted and we bought his wedding ring- two big things on our list! I think I've found sweet little dresses for some of the flower girls and I hope to purchase them today. My mom is graciously working on getting a bus to shuttle people to and from the ceremony and reception. AND we signed a lease on a new apartment and will move in a couple of weeks!!!! Yay! The apartment is a lovely two bedroom in a nice old house in a great and quiet neighborhood. I'm so excited. We celebrated signing the lease with champagne and shish kabobs.
I haven't had too much time to be in the studio this week but I did get in there last night for a few hours. I finally finished wonky circles #2 and I'm digging it.

I also finished another piece, inspired by spring (even though it's summer). Like the wonky circles, I think this one as well might lead to some other similar pieces. We'll see.

I've already got a few glittery circles lined up for the next projects :)
I hope you all have a great weekend and happy Paint Party Friday!

xo

12 comments:

  1. Wishing you joy in your future marriage. Love the mixed media work. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Annette. Happy PPF! xxi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a talented artist you are! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the kind compliment, Beth! I've been feeling more and more the truth that creativity is a muscle and the more you use it the stronger it is! xo

      Delete
  4. Very nice artwork!! Beautiful couple, all the best with your nuptials!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all the nice things you say! I hope you enjoy your weakend and happy PPF! xo

      Delete
  5. Gold glitter rocks!!! Happy PPF - Irma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Irma, gold glitter does rock! love it! :) xo

      Delete
  6. You two look so genuine together. I wish you all the happiness this life has to offer.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, what a nice thing to say. We are very happy and excited about the wedding. It's been a big year for us. Hope you had a creative weekend. xo

      Delete
  7. Everything looks so beautiful all put together. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww thanks, Janet. Blessings to you as well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete