Friday, May 9, 2014

A Productive Day

Today was a good day. I made myself a to do list which is something I don't do very often. I usually have one giant list of project ideas and things I need to do written on my phone. Today I wanted to be a bit more organized and practical and picked several items from the list and made a mini one. I felt like it was much easier to focus and to feel successful!

I finished all four of my wall hangings and I also decided to make a few variations of that idea. Just one wood panel with collaged papers and a word stamped on. So it's more like a tag or an ornament. I made two and I really like how they turned out! The colors in these photos are a little dark and there is a bit of a glare but you'll get the idea.

I think I'll make a bunch more of these for the art fair that I'm participating in in June. Along with larger wall hangings, note cards, collage kits...I have so many ideas!

After lunch my mom was kind enough to drive out to get Tyler and I and bring us to get our new car! It's exciting to have a car again. I haven't owned a car since May of 2008, since just before I moved to Brooklyn.

So, it's been a productive day. Now our good friends Sarah and Tommy are on their way out to spend the night at Camp with us. I think dinner, board games, and wine are in store.

Thanks for stopping by and happy Paint Party Friday!

xo


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new car and completing the list!! I love love love your little wall hanging...they are adorably inspirational!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! the hangings are very fun to make, i love making cute little pieces of art! xo

      Delete
  2. The little wall hangings are beautiful, great idea. Have fun with your new car! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie. Hope you are having a creative weekend too. xoxo

      Delete
  3. These look great. I think it is a good idea to take these to the art fair.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, I'm glad you think I should bring them to the art fair. I'm trying to have a diversity of items to sell and I'm glad these little ones are now in the line up. Hope you are having a great weekend! xo

      Delete
  4. Love the tiny art works.So many positives to small art work. Good luck at the art fair and enjoy your new car.

    Annabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annabelle! I just love working small! It's so satisfying! Enjoy your evening. xo

      Delete