Monday, February 24, 2014

Keep Making

I feel lucky that this energy and drive I have to make art and put it out into the world is still going strong. I've been making lots of art for about 4 years now and it is only in the last couple of months that I have truly felt the need to share it and go after my dreams. I'm going to keep making, keep putting it out there.

I just listed my new set of magnets in my Etsy shop. There are 5 of them and I'm selling them for $15 each. I had a hard time pricing them. They are small (2.5in x 3.5in) so part of me felt like $15 was too much to ask. However, once I considered the time and effort/heart I put into making them it seemed like $15 was a very reasonable price. I know I'm not alone with this difficulty in pricing art work. I've read articles and talked with many people about this but it's still a hard thing for me. I'm working on it.

Yesterday, after I finished the magnets, I made a new 7in x 5in piece. I'm diggin this one. Probably because the phrase on it, "you are my favorite person", is one of my favorites. I think it's sweet and cute and a lovely way to tell your person that you love them. Here is a picture:


 Yesterday was also a beautiful day. It was in the 50s and Tyler and I decided to go for a walk around our neighborhood in Brooklyn. The first half of our walk was through a sort of dilapidated and dirty part of our neighborhood, but it's still a walk we like to take. We stopped at the newish Whole Foods in Gowanus. This place is pretty fancy and offers bike repair, a vinyl record section, and a greenhouse roof that serves local and seasonal foods. So Brooklyn. But, I still like Wegmans better. Leaving the store, from the Whole Foods parking lot, you can see One World Trade Center off in the distance. The second half of our walk was up Smith Street which has many shops and restaurants and parks. We stopped and sat on a park bench for a bit to soak up some sun. It was lovely.





Now I'm going to check in at Creative Every Day and then spend some time on the couch with the newest issue of Somerset Studio!

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment