Friday, February 7, 2014

Her Story

I've decided I'm going to get some prints made of a few of my pieces. I've always been curious as to how prints of my work would look so I'm finally going to find out. I'm hoping to stop at a local print shop tomorrow after work. I think having prints will be a nice and economical item to add to my Etsy shop. I also want to print some note cards for the shop. I'll check to see if the print shop will do that as well. I've also heard that MOO does a nice job with notecards, business cards (which I also need!!!), etc. I ordered some stickers with my artwork on them from MOO. I'm excited to see how those turn out! I'll be sure to share pictures when I get them.

I finished another piece last night. This one is called "her story". I love this one. I'm going to share it on Paint Party Friday. I finished the background a week or so ago but couldn't quite tie it all together until last night.

.




The Chinese New Year was last week and, for some reason, this year I'm more interested in knowing what this year means in the Chinese Zodiac. A friend sent Tyler this article which he then passed along to me: Emerging From the Depths: Dynamic Movement Forward in the Year of the Horse. This is supposed to be a year of, "budding, new growth, dynamism, movement, and great leaps forward". It certainly feels that way to me already! Another great line, "The propulsion of the horse energy is supported by clarity of vision. It urges us to map what we want for our lives, know the steps towards getting there, and begin to ride the wind towards an expanded sense of freedom and awareness previously only dreamed of."  I also hear that it is supposed to be a good year for those born in the year of the dog, which Tyler and I both are (1982). Good things ahead this year!!
The propulsion of the horse energy is supported by clarity of vision. It urges us to map what we want for our lives, know the steps towards getting there, and begin to ride the wind towards an expanded sense of freedom and awareness previously only dreamed of. - See more at: http://www.pachamama.org/blog/emerging-from-the-depths-dynamic-movement-forward-into-the-year-of-the-horse#sthash.N8zZ1X3x.dpuf
for a year of budding, new growth, dynamism, movement, and great leaps forward. - See more at: http://www.pachamama.org/blog/emerging-from-the-depths-dynamic-movement-forward-into-the-year-of-the-horse#sthash.N8zZ1X3x.dpuf
for a year of budding, new growth, dynamism, movement, and great leaps forward. - See more at: http://www.pachamama.org/blog/emerging-from-the-depths-dynamic-movement-forward-into-the-year-of-the-horse#sthash.N8zZ1X3x.dpuf

10 comments:

  1. I really like the transformation from last week's background.
    It has more texture ,depth and vibrancy to it.Very beautiful!
    Funny you mention your curiosity on this year's Chinese New Year , I have been as well but kept forgetting to check it out, thanks for leaving a link.
    Good luck on all your endeavours.

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annabelle. I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment. It always feels good when a piece comes together, doesn't it? Hope you enjoy the New Year article. Good things for 2014!

      Katie

      Delete
  2. I've seen my friends moo cards and they are fabulous...heard many people say how much they love them!! Also I got my Christmas cards done online at Vista and they were pretty wonderful...I was surprised...I did get the thicker paper..but the color was true and that was my main concern!! I've had some done at Staples here in Canada also nice work...but I went in, seems online is a bit expensive! Good luck...very pretty work you have here!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of the info, Giggles! It helps hear good feedback about MOO and Vista. I appreciate your tips and your stopping by my blog!

      xo Katie

      Delete
  3. very pretty backgrounds. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Annette! Thanks for stopping by, I'll have to stop by your blog. xo

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad I was able to click on your beautiful piece to enlarge it to read the words. Just wonderful! I too am thinking about having some prints made but so far have been a bit scared about quality and price. Best of luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the piece, Linda. Thank you! I'll be sure to post here about my experience getting prints made. It is a bit scary but I just want to give it a try. This is a year of following through with my desires!
      Hope you are having a wonderful day! xo Katie

      Delete