Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope all of my valentines make it to their destinations by today or tomorrow. Who knows if all this crazy weather is slowing down the postal service!  We had another snowy day yesterday and a bit more snow overnight. It'll be a slippery and wet commute into work this morning.

 I spent part of my snow day yesterday in the studio making. I'm liking the collages I'm making lately and think that they could be nice prints and note cards, I'm excited to make that happen! Here is the newest, called "beginning" which I'll share over on Paint Party Friday:



I have a lot of creative energy and ideas lately. It feels good and exciting! There is so much I want to be doing though that I often wish for more time in the day. I need to make sure I balance my creative/studio time with time for wedding planning! We have several big things set for the wedding but we need to keep checking things off the list. We designed and ordered our save the dates and they should be here next week. Next is finding a caterer! I just have to trust that there is enough time. I am working hard and passionately and good things are happening. This is a good time!

19 comments:

  1. It's very beautiful! I love the colors and the composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the kind words! happy valentine's day!

      Delete
  2. Lovely collages. I'm loving the pale colours. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy PPF! I'm glad you like the pale colors, I've been digging them a lot lately too. Happy Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  3. smashing collages. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annette. Happy PPF and Happy Valentine's Day! xo

      Delete
  4. This is very nice. Great job.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice of you to say, Nicole! xo
      Happy Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  5. beautiful composition and collage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! You are kind. Happy Valentine's Day! xo

      Delete
  6. Beautiful love the colors...Happy Valentines day!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and Happy Valentine's Day Giggles!

      Katie

      Delete
  7. Warm wishes* ჱܓ♥ *
    (¯`•.•´¯)
    .`•.¸.(¯`•.•´¯)
    ჱܓ* `•.¸,,•´♥ ჱܓ♥*“Happy St Valentine’s Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Gillena! Warm wishes for a happy Valentine's weekend to you too!

      Katie

      Delete
  8. Some nice prints. Good luck with your wedding.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That painting / collage would make gorgeous note papers. I think your art gives you the much needed energy to work on the wedding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! In the next few weeks I hope to get some of my new images onto note cards. We'll see how it goes! And you are totally right, making art gives me energy which will only help with the wedding planning process. Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  10. Love the composition and colour choices, very nice.

    Wish you the best of luck on your wedding plans, not easy but can be done….been there and done that! Very Happy Time indeed!

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete