Monday, January 6, 2014

Getting it together

I spent some time yesterday organizing my art. I gathered, named, and resized a lot of photos. If I'm going to put my art out into the world this year I need to have it ready to send out to publications, submit to shows, etc. Figuring out how to organize and resize my images has always been a deterrent for me, a hurdle in the process of getting my art out there. Tyler helped me find Picresize, a program that resizes images for free (I didn't know there were programs for that!). It was fun to look at old artwork. Here are a few old favorites:





I also got into the studio for a short time. I continued my experiements with mixed media collage, wood, and the woodburning pen. Here are some shots of my latest, titled "it's a new thing":






Over the weekend I started reading Simple Abundance. I've realized that I need an attitude and outlook adjustment. I'm not sure when it happened but I've become more negative, easily annoyed, and closed off than I used to be. I don't want to continue on that way. I want to be positive, relaxed, accepting, and open. And I want to have a stronger awareness of and appreciation for all of the good in my life. I think this book will offer some good perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment