Monday, January 13, 2014

Becoming

Tyler and I had a nice day yesterday. In the morning we headed up to Greenpoint to have breakfast with some friends. It was lovely and relaxing and a good reminder for me that it is nice to be social on the weekends sometimes! I'm such a homebody and treasure my time at home over the weekend, but I most often enjoy myself when I get out. We walked around Greenpoint and Williamsburg afterwards. Tyler was record shopping and I poked my head in a few boutiques and second hand stores. I went into one store called Old Hollywood . They have lots of cute clothes, homewares, and jewelry. I bought a sheet of pretty wrapping paper and a pack of old book pages and ephemera- all for collage making.

I was excited to get home and use my new finds. I wanted these new papers to be used in the first collage that I make for the Creative Every Day Challenge. I'm hoping to participate in this challenge weekly. I think it will be a fun way to meet other creative bloggers and I am excited about that! So, here is the collage that I made last night:




It's called "becoming". It's 6in x 6in and made on a wood board. I used papers, gesso, pencil, colored pencil, and tape. I like the color palette, it's a bit subdued for me. I think that happens in the winter, makes sense. I started another one this morning (8in x 10in) using some of the same papers, I'm excited to see where this one goes.

Now to finish the laundry and head back into the studio...

4 comments:

  1. Hi there - I found your site through Creative Every Day, which I've only just joined as of yesterday. Your blog page looks great and is easy to read And your work is very soothing & calming. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, Anne. I'm glad you are doing Creative Everyday (I just joined too!). I think it's going to be a good year for creating for all of us! -Katie

      Delete
  2. thanks so much for stopping by my blog-it's how I found you here :) I can't get to everyone at Creative Every Day so I randomly pick as many as I can to visit. I love this collage-the composition, colors and choice of words-beautiful!
    PS- you may also want to look into Paint Party Friday to link up to-the community of artist there are amazing and very supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Linda, thanks for the nice words about my collage :) I'm glad I found your blog and I will be checking in often! I'm going to look into Paint Party Friday right now! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete