Friday, January 3, 2014

A look back

I sometimes find myself thinking back to what I was doing 6 months ago, a year ago, or 5 years ago. I like to look back. I don't see it as being stuck in the past, wishing for that time. I see it as a reflection. An acknowledgment that time is cyclical, not linear. 6 months ago, in the beginning of July, I was getting ready to go on a week's vacation. I had been working a lot during the spring and was really looking forward to some time off. I started a small summer art journal about this time. I made it from a Trader Joe's grocery bag. Here are a couple of pages:




This morning I also found myself thinking about the paintings I made this past fall while taking Flora Bowley's online painting course, Bloom True.  It was a great course. I think I should go back through it again and repeat some of the lessons. Here are a couple of close up shots of two of my Bloom True paintings:



Obviously, leaves are a big symbol for me. I did some looking back this morning. It felt good. Now I'm going to try my hardest to be present for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment