Sunday, January 26, 2014

A good day

I spent some time last night and this morning playing around with watercolors, gouache, gesso, and paper towels. I'm getting all sort of yummy and subtle colors using this process. Here are some pictures of a work in progress:



ALSO! I bought my wedding dress today!!! I'm not going to share the exact dress but the designer is Yoo Lee of Saja. Such beautiful dresses. I tried on several dresses and they are all so comfortable. My good friend Mia came with me and we had a glass of champagne in Soho afterwards to celebrate my purchase.
It's been a good day and I'm grateful for it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie. Mark told me about your blog. I've so enjoyed reading your posts and looking at all your work, new and old.

    Congratulations on your engagement - and finding a dress (woot woot)! Just went to the Saja site (I've never heard of this designer). Gorgeous dresses - especially like her 2013 line. I'm sure yours is beautiful.

    Keep up the great work. All the best this year!

    Amy Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you so much for stopping by and reading! Really, thanks!
      Aren't the Saja dresses lovely?! They are so comfortable too.
      I hope you are doing well. I'm jealous that you get to see Marin more than I do :) Mark sent me videos from her birthday party. She is so funny!

      xoxo

      Delete